my travel diary kit


Hello again!! With the whirlwind of spring going on, I have been very neglectful to my blog.
I have a knack for designing and creating items to fit a need, so I thought I would start sharing some of my projects on this blog.

I am spending most of my July out of the United States this year. I will be heading over to the Netherlands! The trip is organized through the Lions Club's International Youth Camp and Exchange Program, and I am extremely grateful to be participating. As an avid traveler and journaler, documenting an experience is important to me. Throughout my stay, I collect tickets, brochures, and other things to keep for tangible memories. While scrolling through the wonderfully creative Jordan Clark's blog "Stellaire", I came across her travel diary how-to. I immediately took to the idea of having a collection of items in order to maintain a creative journal while traveling. After mulling over different supplies to include, I made my list and got right to pulling it together. In total, I spent around $20 in Hobby Lobby collecting the items I didn't already have.

These are the tools I chose to include:
Hobby Lobby-
   recipe card box ($3.99)
   4x6 hardbound journal ($4.99)
   3" ivory circle tags ($1.99)
   2" ivory circle tags ($1.99)
   mini brown paper sacks ($1.99)
   small white glassine sacks ($1.99)
   natural hemp cord ($2.99)

Already had at home-
   pens
   highlighter
   mechanical pencil
   Elmer's Re-Stick Glue
   small scissors
   washi tape
   double-sided tape
   mini clothespins
   2.5" brown circle tags
   small plastic bags


all of the supplies I collected


the tags and sacks


the mini clothespins, washi tape, and hemp cord


the pens I selected: a random black ballpoint, a black Sharpie pen, a Pentel mechanical pencil, a random mint highlighter, and a normal black Sharpie

I ended up taking the tags and the sacks out of the packaging, using funky pink paperclips to hold each stack together. To consolidate the smaller supplies, I separated them out into the small plastic bags. After fixing everything to the way I wanted it stored, I began filling up the box.


the final product

The box is pretty much full but easily accessible. Bonus: I can fit this journal right in with all of my supplies!! I am unsure whether I will decorate the outside of it, but I do have time to decide before I head off to my adventure.

Please share pictures of your version with me, I would love to see how they turn out :) 
When I come back from my trip, I will create a post to show how I filled it up!!

Comments