my answer to the BIG question.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT IN THE WORLD?"

Woah! Slow down. Just five minutes ago I was told I don't need to have my future figured out!

What do I say? What will satisfy their interest?
Below are a handful of my most common responses.
"to not disappoint my parents."
"an okay job."
"I have no clue!"
"let's not think about it."

Of course, what I say differs for my audience. Don't get me wrong, I do think about my future, and that thinking typically comes in an excessive amount. My anxiety does not like these "future planning sessions", some sort of panic symptom arises, and before I know it I am in tears. As a sixteen-year-old, IT'S SCARY!! Ten years from now I will be twenty-six! What will that Madeline be like?
I have three wishes for my future self: a husband, children, and a home.
Between now and then I have some growing to do. I want a closer relationship with God, I need to rest my fears with Him. I need to do some soul-searching. What ACTUALLY makes me happy? Where do I find peace? I have to work on loving myself. It's a very important practice to keep my balanced.
Until my future arrives,   o n e   s t e p   a t   a   t i m e .

Comments